Thursday, September 25, 2014

September 15, 2014

Hola Everyone

This last week was really enjoyable. I'm with Elder Mendoza (Mexico). We arrived at the mission home the same time I did. So I'm pretty sure that President won't let us die together. We were supposed to baptize a young man this last weekend but his mom had to work so he didn't want to do it. So he will be getting baptized this weekend. This week we will be celebrating the independence of Chile from Spain on the 18th. I'm excited for this week because most people don't have to work so it should be a great opportunity to find more people to teach. A lot of people drink a ton during this week but there are also a lot of people who don't. I'll be sure to send you pictures of the ward activity this week. Something really gratifying happened to me this week. I was able to see Carlos, Rosi, Miguel, Sebastian, Vaitiary, and Martina this week! They were the family that we found when I was with Elder Ramirez about 8 months ago. I was so overwhelmed to see them and see the small changes that they have made. I don't remember if I told you guys or not but Rosi got baptized about 8 weeks ago; Elder Mendoza actually baptized her. When I saw Rosi on Saturday at a stake activity, I just wanted to cry. I could see the difference in her countenance. I could see the happiness that she now has. I could see the difference that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has made in her life. It was such a special moment for me and it just strengthened my testimony of this great work that we are involved in. I may not have been able to attend her baptism or been the one to bapitze her, but that doesn't matter to me; being able to see her and know that she is firm in the gospel is more than enough for me. I know that this is the work of God and that this is the church of Jesus Christ. The gospel is for everyone and can change the life of every single person for the better. I love and miss you all! Have an awesome week!

With love,

Elder Jayson Welker

Remember who you are and the family name you bear
Return with Honor
Remember who you are and who you represent



No comments:

Post a Comment