Thursday, September 25, 2014

July 21, 2014

Hola Everyone

Well this week was about the same as last week. We really didn't teach many lessons this week which was a bummer. We have really struggled finding people this change. Willy is a stud but a little lazy. He read the pamphlet about the Plan of Salvation with his girlfriend, who is a member, and then explained everything back to us. He said that he had prayed but didn't receive an answer. But as we talked to him and listened to him we realized that he hadn't prayed with real intent. So we explained to him what he could do in order to receive his answer. He said that he would pray again and do it for real this time. Well Zone Conference was pretty good. President Warne focused on how we can help investigators progress. And everything really came down to: praying, reading The Book of Mormon, and going to church. I know that seems pretty obvious but the way he explained it was different. And there is not enough time to tell you everything that he said. But he wants us to basically focus on reading the Book of Mormon and having spiritual experiences with the investigators with the BOM. And the next day I was reading in Preach my Gospel and I had a lightbulb moment. I read a quote from Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin. I had read it before but it had never quite had an impact on me; “Please do not take the Book of Mormon for granted. Pray for a vision of how the Book of Mormon can be used more effectively in your mission. I promise that as you do so, your mind will be enlightened with the direction that you should take." (Seminar for New Mission Presidents, 23 June 1999). I realized that I had never actually done that. So I made a commitment to do so. I hope that I will soon receive the help that I desperately need in order to help the Chilean people accept the gospel of Jesus Christ. That's about it for this week. I love and miss you all a ton! Have a great week!

With love,

Elder Jayson Welker

Remember who you are and the family name you bear
Return with Honor
Remember who you are and who you represent
p.s. This is a picture of me and a member from my sector in San Francisco


No comments:

Post a Comment