Thursday, September 25, 2014

July 14, 2014

Hola Everyone

Well this week was a really struggle. My companion has to spend a bunch of time in the dentist office because they are re-doing a bunch of stuff with his teeth so that has been something kinda difficult to accept; being there instead of outside in my sector. We weren't able to meet with Francisco this week. He didn't show up to the 2 appointments that we had with him but I'm sure that we will find him this week. We have been teaching a kid named Willy over the last change and a half. When I first got here he told us that he didn't really care about religion and didn't really want to do much. But as we have visited him occasionally, his countenance has changed and he shows just a little bit more interest. In fact, on Thursday we were talking to him about what happens after death and he made the comment that we would have to wait until we die to find out. We shared some experiences and bore our testimonies that he could know by praying with real intent to know. He looked at us for a second and then said, "I guess I'll have to try it out." I know that this may not seem like much to some people but for me, it means so much! His progress is slow but it is steady. Not everybody progresses at the same rate and this just proves it. We have Zone Conference tomorrow and I'm really excited for it. I love hearing what President Warne has to say. I know without a doubt that he is a man called of God to direct this mission. I love this work and I love being a missionary. I love and miss you all! Have a stupendous week!
With love,

Elder Jayson Welker

Remember who you are and the family name you bear
Return with Honor
Remember who you are and who you represent

No comments:

Post a Comment