Thursday, September 25, 2014

July 28, 2014

Hola Everyone

Well this week was pretty normal. The ward is getting better with supporting us. We had a few of the brethren go out with us this week to do contacts and look for less-actives. I know it may not seem like much to some people but it is a huge step for the ward here. We are done with this change and my companion and I are going to be staying here. This next change is going to be a challenge for us. We are really struggling with finding people and I honestly think that the trend will continue. It has been like this my whole mission so I'm pretty used to it. I don't want anyone to think that I'm lazy or that I don't care; but I'm used to struggling even though I'm working hard. Obviously the Lord has other things in store for me than baptizing a thousand people like everyone wants to do. I like to think of the scripture in Alma 20:30 "And, as it happened, it was their lot to have fallen into the hands of a more hardened and a more stiffnecked people; therefore they would not hearken unto their words" I know that the Lord is in charge and that this is His work, not mine. His plan is perfect. It may not always be what we want, but it is always for the better. I am willing to "suffer" if it means that I will become who he wants me to be. I love and miss you all so much! I hope that this week is awesome for every single one of you!

With love,

Elder Jayson Welker

Remember who you are and the family name you bear
Return with Honor
Remember who you are and who you represent



No comments:

Post a Comment