Thursday, September 25, 2014

August 11, 2014

Hola Everyone

Well this week was pretty normal. We kinda struggled with finding things to do because most of our appointments fell. Well, there isn't much to do here besides contact so that's what we did. It didn't really work for us during the week but yesterday something unexpected happened. An inactive member (who we didn't even know existed) brought his girlfriend to church. She is really, really interested in the church. I thought of a scripture "Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall come hereafter..." (D&C 58:3). I think that as missionaries and as members we expect immediate results. And a lot of times, the Lord doesn't work in that way. He blesses us in His time, and in His way. The weeks just keep going by and I don't have a ton of time left. I just want to keep working hard and do the things that the Lord wants me to do. I just want to be "an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my [hope]." I love and miss you all so much! Have an awesome week!

With love,

Elder Jayson Welker

Remember who you are and the family name you bear
Return with Honor
Remember who you are and who you represent
This is a picture of Elder Harding (Highland) and I today. He goes home tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment