Thursday, September 25, 2014

September 1, 2014

Hola Everyone

This week was pretty decent. We were able to teach a few more lessons. I don't remember if I ever told you about a kid named Willy? But we have been teaching him since June. He was basically atheist before but now he is starting to believe in God. His progress is really slow but sure. We watched The Restoration with him and the thing that was most interesting to him was the Gold Plates. He wanted to know everything about them so we basically explained the Book of Mormon to him. He was really, really interested. We read Alma 32:21, 26-28 with him and he understood really well. He admitted that he hasn't been doing everything that he could to help the "seed" grow. But he committed to do his part. I really hope that he will receive his answer. Francisco didn't get baptized this last weekend because he still has a long ways to go (he is working and studying and literally has no time to meet with us besides Sunday at church). We have to talk to him about changing his baptismal date to sometime in October. Things are good here besides the weather. It is seriously bi-polar. It was really warm this last week but now it is freezing and raining. It has been raining hard since about 3 am this morning. I have been really studying the Atonement a lot lately. I still don't comprehend a lot of things but I feel like I have come to understand the Atonement just a little bit more. I don't have much time to explain this week but I will try next week. Love and miss you all! Have an awesome week!

With love,

Elder Jayson Welker

Remember who you are and the family name you bear
Return with Honor
Remember who you are and who you represent

No comments:

Post a Comment