Wednesday, June 18, 2014

May 26, 2014

Hola Everyone

Well this week we weren't able to teach the family that we found last week because the parents were working alot. So hopefully we will be able to teach them this week. But yesterdy we found another family of 5 that were super receptive. They straight up told us that they are Catholic and aren't going to change but the Lord and the Spirit work in mysterious ways. During the First Vision I could not only feel the Spirit working, but I could see it in them as well. They said that they would pray about our message. It really is amazing to me how the Lord works. I had to go to Santiago to renew my carnet (chilean ID) and I was waiting in line for over 5 hours and didn't even finish. But while I was waiting with Elder Doyle (from my room in the MTC) we taught a guy from Columbia. He was super receptive and had never really heard of the Church. He wants the missionaries to pass by his house, so we gave his address to the mission up there. The bishopbric in our sector put on a "mini-MTC" for all of the young teenagers and invited us and about 6 other companionships to help. It was pretty cool to see the young kids interact and teach. It reminded me so much of my time in the MTC teaching in spanish and my first few changes when I didn't know what to say. It brought a smile to my face and made me laugh a little. The mission is full of so many memories, more good than bad, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I love being a missionary and sharing this message of Jesus Christ with the Chilean people. I love and miss you all! Have an awesome week!

With love,

Elder Jayson Welker

Remember who you are and the family name you bear
Return with Honor
Remember who you are and who you represent

No comments:

Post a Comment