Wednesday, June 18, 2014

June 16, 2014

Hola Everyone

Well this week was pretty rough. It rained 4 out of 7 days and we were in the street most of the day for 2 of them. It was pretty miserable to be honest. We have really struggled with finding people lately. And the World Cup started so that has been pretty interesting to deal with as well. All I want to do is find someone to teach. I get pretty tired of being in the street all day long with nowhere to go. But I know that things will start to click soon. We had to divide our sector with the sister missionaries. We were just kind of working everywhere without any problems but President Warne wants all of the sectors divided. So we lose basically everything we had and we have to go to the part of our sector where there aren't really any investigators. We have changes this week and my companion is heading down to Curicó. My new companion will be Elder Santos. He is from Uruguay. I don't know him but everyone says that he is pretty cool but that he is really quiet and shy. Kinda reminds me of someone but I don't know who....I guess both of us will have to break out of our shell. We are basically going to be in a whitewash so it will be interesting for sure. I saw on the mission website today that Ignacia (the daughter of Yilda from Licantén) got baptized this last week! I'm super excited for her! And I also found out that the mom of the soccer prodigy family from my last sector, she wants to get baptized as well. I'm super excited for her as well. It looks like most of my work as a missionary will be planting the seeds and being able to watch from afar as those people choose to accept the gospel. I don't mind it because I know that I did my part. I love and miss you all. Have an awesome week!

With love,

Elder Jayson Welker

Remember who you are and the family name you bear
Return with Honor
Remember who you are and who you represent



No comments:

Post a Comment