Wednesday, June 18, 2014

June 9, 2014

Hola Everyone

Well this week was pretty slow for us. I wasn't even in my sector for 3 days this week because my companion went to Santiago with some other missionaries for his visa stuff. So I stayed with some other elders in their sector on Monday and Tuesday and then on Thursday I did divisions with an elder from my district. But basically everything that we have had lately, is gone. We don't have investigators. The family that we taught last week told us to not come back because the aunt (owner of the house) is super catholic and doesn't want us there. So that was kind of a blow to the stomach. And on top of that, it rained for like 3 days straight. We got absolutely soaked. And what made it worse was the fact that basically nobody let us in those 3 days. I'm not gonna lie, this week was pretty difficult to handle with all of the stuff that happened. But I know that the night is darkest just before the dawn so I know that soon things will start clicking for us. Well for all of you who are reading this, I completed 18 months in the mission this last Thursday. The last 18 months have been super hard, full of happy moments and not so happy moments, struggles, challenges, and triumphs. I have finished 3/4 of my mission and am in the last leg of it. I can't imagine how quickly these next 6 months will go by (if it is true like everyone says). I know that this is it. This is my last chance to work in the Lord's vineyard as a full-time missionary and I'm not going to let it pass by. It's time to dig deep and finish out the game. I love and miss you all a ton! I hope that you all have an awesome week!

With love,

Elder Jayson Welker

Remember who you are and the family name you bear
Return with Honor
Remember who you are and who you represent





No comments:

Post a Comment