Wednesday, June 18, 2014

June 2, 2014

Hola Everyone

This week was kind of a struggle. We didn't get into very many houses so we were in the street quite a bit. But we did teach the family that we found last Sunday. We taught them about the Book of Mormon and the role that it plays in our conversion. The lesson went really well. The dad said he won't get baptized but that didn't surprise me very much. It will take time for him to really recognize the Spirit and feel the need to be baptized. But his kids are really, really receptive. We have a FHE planned with them and a member family for Saturday so hopefully it goes well. Elder Salas (70 from Argentina) came to our mission this last weekend. He and his wife talked to us. It was awesome to be able to listen to them and their advice. Elder Salas said that we, as missionaries in general, lack faith. And for that exact reason more people aren't getting baptized and joining the church. I agree with him 100%. I honestly feel that I lack faith but I've put some goals down and I'm trying to increase my faith. I'm really excited to see what this next week has in store for us. I love and miss you all! Have a great week!

With love,

Elder Jayson Welker

Remember who you are and the family name you bear
Return with Honor
Remember who you are and who you represent

No comments:

Post a Comment