Thursday, July 11, 2013

June 10, 2013


Hola Everyone

Well I completed 6 months in the mission on Wednesday! I really can't believe that I have been out for that long. At times it feels like the time is going so slow, but overall it has passed by so quickly. 1/4 of the way done...absolutely blows my mind! Elder Reed and I are doing well. We are really close to getting one of our inactive families to come back to church. We thought that they were coming for sure yesterday but they didn't unfortunately. Felipe continues coming to church but we still haven't been able to teach him much yet. I really hope we can soon. We found a guy named Christopher on Friday (Elder Salmon and I had played soccer with him once) and we helped him with his english homework. He also told us that he would come to church on Sunday but he didn't. But he seemed pretty intrigued by our way of life so hopefully that is a start to us helping him. We have helped the branch start doing their home teaching and visiting teaching and we are supposed to be going out on splits this week with a few members to show them how to do it. So there has been a little progress here in San Francisco! "...by small and simple things are great things brought to pass." That's about it for this week. I love and miss you all! Have a great week and remember all that the Lord has done for you!

With love,

Elder Jayson Welker

Remember who you are and the family name you bear
Return with Honor
Remember who you are and who you represent




No comments:

Post a Comment