Tuesday, July 16, 2013

July 15, 2013


Hola Everyone

Well I'm getting changed tomorrow. I'm going about 5 hours south to a small town called Licanten. It was part of the mission from Concepcion. So I'm kinda nervous because there aren't very many missionaries going south from so nobody knows anything about anyone. They have changed things a little bit here in the mission. We find out changes on Saturday now instead of Friday and we go to our new sectors on Tuesday instead of Monday. This last change went by unbelievably fast. It literally feels like a few days ago that I picked up Elder Reed. This week was pretty slow for teaching purposes but we were able to teach Jimmy (who got baptized 4 months ago) for the first time in almost 3 months. It went well but he still hasn't come to church since he got confirmed. It's really sad. Another family of inactives came to church again yesterday! So that was awesome to see them continue to come back. My time in San Francisco was difficult, very difficult; but it has taught me alot about who I am and what my purpose is as a missionary. I have grown to love the people here in this sector and I will never forget them or what they did for me. Well that's about all for this week. Should be some more exciting stuff to write about next week with the new companion and sector. I hope you all have a great week! Love and miss you!

With love,

Elder Jayson Welker

Remember who you are and the family name you bear
Return with Honor
Remember who you are and who you represent

p.s. here is a picture that I took with a young girl in the mall today. I laughed to myself. Representing the Dirty 'Scow 7000 miles away! Definition of dedication




No comments:

Post a Comment