Sunday, February 3, 2013

January 9, 2013


Hola Everyone,

Can't believe that another week has passed us by! Crazy! This week there was a bit of a stomach flu scare. I never got sick thankfully. Elder Falabella of the 70 spoke to us last night and it was pretty good. He talked a lot about goals and stuff. But the thing that stuck out to me was he said something about making adjustments and it made me think back to the way I was raised. Starting with my parents and then everything all of my coaches taught me throughout sports. If something isn't working or if you see something before it happens, making the adjustment makes all the difference in the world. It made me think of the quote my John Wooden: "If you do as you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten." I had never thought of applying it to missionary work but it works all the same. My companion and I continue to work hard and have good lessons throughout the week. We also continue to play ball every day. We created a new word in Spanish "pelotando". It means "balling or ballin"The word "pelota" is a noun and it means ball in Spanish and the "-ando" adds "-ing" to the end of -ar verbs so it doesn't really work but its still pretty cool. We aren't getting any new missionaries this week which is pretty surprising. We also lost one of the counselors in our branch presidency to the creation of 4 new branches. Kinda sad but we got a new counselor and he seems like he will do well. There really wasn't much else to talk about this week. I'm sorry everyone. Hopefully there will be more this coming week. Love and miss you all. Hope you all have a good week.
With love,

Elder Jayson Welker

Remember who you are and the family name you bear
Return with Honor
Remember who you are and who you represent

No comments:

Post a Comment