Sunday, February 3, 2013

January 16, 2013


Hola Everyone

It seems like just yesterday I was writing my email last week. Time sure is flying by. The weather here has been absolutely freezing! Hardly gets above 20 degrees. Absolutely brutal. We finished all of our grammar principles for Spanish earlier this week. That doesn't mean that I have the slightest clue about what is going on though. But I still continue to progress in the gospel and in the language with the help of our Savior. We are now the oldest district in our zone. The last of the district above us left yesterday. There is a Hermana Hansen (Sister) that is going to Tyler's mission and an Elder Iverson who went to high school with Tyler and sang in choir together. Today we get 5 new Elders and 6 new Hermanas. Pretty exciting! Well I'm almost out of time so I'll quickly finish up. Last night Elder Holland spoke at our devotional. It was super awesome! He talked about missionary work like pretty much everyone does. But he said some interesting things. He said, "The missionaries of old kept working even though they knew that they would not succeed because they knew that we would...and that we have to be "better" missionaries than those of old." Pretty daunting task. But the thing that stuck out to me the most was when he said, "Work as hard as you can until someone has to tap you on the shoulder and tell you that your 2 years are over and it's time to go home." It immediately reminded me of what Coach Kunz told me about baseball: "Work hard and keep playing playing, and make someone take the jersey off your back and buy you a ticket home" I had never really thought of applying it to missionary work but it works. I love and miss all of you very much. I hope that all of you have a good week!
With love,

Elder Jayson Welker




Remember who you are and the family name you bear
Return with Honor
Remember who you are and who you represent

No comments:

Post a Comment