Sunday, February 3, 2013

January 30, 2013


Hola Everyone

Another week has come and gone very rapidly! I'm down to 5 days left! The weather was the same here for awhile but it has been snowing pretty consistently here over the last 2 1/2 days so about 6 inches or so is my guess. Elder Olson was sick pretty much until about Saturday afternoon. We spent like 4 hours at the hospital with him on Friday and they never figured out what was wrong. But he is better now. While at the hospital we met a lady from Santiago and we talked with her for a bit about general stuff. So that was pretty cool. But it sucked that we couldn't go to class. It really sucks just being shut up inside your room all day. I have seen Rudy Bowman and Caleb Pulsipher at the MTC. Jeremy and Sheri thank you so much for the package! The food here is so bland and disgusting now. You can only eat the same thing everyday for so long. But I know I will miss it in about 10 days. Elder Clayton from the 70 and his wife spoke to us last night. He talked a lot about how important companionships are and why we need them. On Sunday we were able to watch a "movie" about the construction of the Salt Lake City Temple. It was super interesting. I never realized how much actually happened to hinder the progress of it but it made me want to go through it when I get back. We also saw a clip from a devotional given by Elder Bednar and the thing that stood out to me was when he said: "Work hard and do everything you can, and expect nothing, and then PERHAPS something will come from it if it is the Lord's will. And that success is a gift of God." It was a pretty cool talk. Not much else happened this week because Elder Olson was sick. So I fly out of SLC at 1 pm Monday and fly to Atlanta Georgia. And then we fly to Santiago from there and it's like a 10 or 11 hour flight. So lots of time to practice Spanish and read the Scriptures. I may not be able to email home next week because I might miss our PDAY so I'm not sure so don't be alarmed if I don't email. Which would mean that I will have a bunch the next time. I love and miss you all very much and I pray for you all every night. I hope that everyone has a good week!
With love,

Elder Jayson Welker

Remember who you are and the family name you bear
Return with Honor
Remember who you are and who you represent

No comments:

Post a Comment