Sunday, February 3, 2013

January 23, 2013




Hola Everyone,

This week has been pretty slow here unfortunately. My companion, Elder Olson, has been sick the last 3 days so we've had to stay in our room all day long. It definitely sucked but I was able to get a lot of study in. I finished my goal of reading the Standard Works (Old & New Testament, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and the Pearl of Great Price) before I left for Chile, earlier this morning. The Elder that I play basketball with left this morning. He's going to Fresno, CA so Larry Gelwicks (sp?) is his mission president which is pretty cool. There is an Elder Griffen that is a year younger than me from Minico that is in our zone and he is also going to Fresno. He got here last week. We get 4 new Hermanas and 6 new Elders today so that is pretty cool. Oh on Sunday I had to give a talk about how the Book of Mormon testifies of Christ, and I received a lot of compliments on my Spanish. So there is some progress there I guess. We should be receiving our travel plans either tomorrow or Friday so that's kind of scary to think about. I'm down to about 10 full days left until I am absolutely immersed in Spanish. I'm super excited though! The weather here is still absolutely brutally cold. So my skin is cracking and stuff, so it basically sucks and makes my life miserable. It's crazy how fast time has gone by. I'm almost out of time but I want to tell you all how much I love and miss each one of you. I hope that you all have a great week. 

With love,
Elder Jayson Welker
Remember who you are and the family name you bear
Return with Honor
Remember who you are and who you represent

No comments:

Post a Comment