Monday, February 11, 2013

February 11, 2013


Hola Everyone

Well my first week in Chile has passed. Technically I still have one more day but oh well. So far it has been the hardest thing that I have done. Not the physical work but the mental and emotional toll has been great. I have been so frustrated with the language. The people speak unbelievably fast and I can only pick up one or two words each sentence, if that. So I kinda leave my companion hanging out to dry because I don't know what the people are saying. My companion is Elder Zumaeta, he is from Peru, and he doesn't speak a word of english. So it is super hard to communicate. I want to help so bad but I really can't do much. I got super down on Friday just because of the language. But I am continuing to work hard and do what I'm supposed to.  The food here so far has been relatively normal, nothing too mind-blowing.

Well we are in a whitewash which means that all of the missionaries for our sector/area are new. So that means we have to go contacting and meet with the members alot. We have taught a few lessons. One with a man named Pedro. He has one leg and is in a wheelchair. We found out about 30 minutes after our lesson with him that he is an inactive member. Either way he was pretty stubborn about changing his life. We also taught 2 young girls Nora (17) and Javiera (16). They have met with quite a few missionaries but haven't ever progressed much. Javiera believes all the things the missionaries have told her but she hasn't received an answer. So we are going to teach them how to recognize the answers they receive. Besides that not much else has happened. I haven't taken very many pictures because we have a lot of flaites (gangsters) in our area. A lot of them are just a bunch of young-ish boys who give us a hard time, but my companion said try not to carry my camera much just in case we get robbed.  I love and miss all of you a bunch. I pray for you every night that the Lord will watch over you. I hope that you all have a fantastic week.

With love,

Elder Jayson Welker

Remember who you are and the family name you bear
Return with Honor
Remember who you are and who you represent

No comments:

Post a Comment