Monday, April 8, 2013

April 8, 2013


Hola Everyone

This week was one of my favorite weeks so far, only because of General Conference though. I absolutely loved watching it! It was a little different because I used to be really tired during it, but I was fully alert and the time seemed to pass by super quickly. We should love all of the talks but one of my favorite talks was by Elder Bednar. He is one of my favorites to listen to. Our investigator Elizabeth continues to progress and just be super awesome! She told us that she doesn't have the temptation to smoke anymore, which is an absolute miracle. She is getting baptized this coming Saturday, and I'm super excited for her! She has made a complete 360 in her life in just a matter of 4 weeks. Besides her, we don't have many other solid investigators. We really struggle to find them when we show up for our appointments because they aren't there. But we will continue to work hard and hopefully we will have some more success. The food hasn't been too bad yet, there are a lot of tomatoes and onions in most everything, so I'm slowly being able to somehow get those down. The spiders haven't shown themselves too much yet, but it is starting to cool off a little bit so they will soon be inside. Oh! I found out the other day that a girl that I taught in my first sector, Javiera, was baptized 2 weeks ago! I was beyond estatic! It is so cool to be able to be a part of this work and see people make changes in their lives. Today for PDay we went to a place where we are in a caged jeep thing and they throw meat on the cage and lions come jump on the car and eat the meat. It was kinda cool. Here are some pictures of it, and there is a talk that my comp and I found which was interesting. Hope you all enjoy it! My favorite part is the last 4 or 5 paragraphs. Well I love and miss all of you and continue to pray for you. Have a great week!

With love,

Elder Jayson Welker

Remember who you are and the family name you bear
Return with Honor
Remember who you are and who you represent



The talk that he refers is the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment