Monday, April 8, 2013

April 1, 2013


Hola Everyone!

This week was a really good one. Easter was really cool. There was a devotional in Rancagua and Elder Archuleta and some youth from the area sang. It was good. I am in a branch with only about 45-50 people coming to church every week. It's really strange having so few people in church. My spanish is improving a little each day. Sometimes it is hard to see the progress, but it is there. On Saturday our investigator, Elizabeth, committed to getting baptized on the 13th of this month! We told her that she had to quit smoking that day in order to be able to do it. And so we gave her a blessing to help her resist the temptations to smoke. And so far she hasn't smoked yet! She also is having some problems at home with her family after she told them about her decision but she is committed to being baptized! She is so awesome! I wish all investigators were like her, believing that this message that we share is true. I know with all of my heart that the message of the Restoration is true, that Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Christ when he was 14 years old, and that he was called to be a prophet and restore the true church to the earth in our days. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only true church on the earth today and that it truly does bless the lives of those who live according to the teachings. I love and miss you all. I hope your easter was good and that you remembered our Savior Jesus Christ and his sacrifice for us. I hope you all have a great week. I know I will with General Conference this week! I'm super stoked! ¡Les quiero!

With love,

Elder Jayson Welker

Remember who you are and the family name you bear
Return with Honor
Remember who you are and who you represent

No comments:

Post a Comment