Monday, April 15, 2013

April 15, 2013


Hola Everyone

Well I forgot to tell all of you that we had a small temblor (earthquake) last week for about 10 seconds. It was kinda cool to feel it and see everything shake a little bit. I also finished reading the Book of Mormon again in English last week as well. And earlier today about 2 hours ago, I finished the Book of Mormon in Spanish. I'm to the point that I can understand most everything when it is written but I still struggle understanding the people here. They have terrible grammer and pronunciation, so that doesn't help. But oh well, I'll keep trying. Chileans do some really weird stuff. Almost everyone waters the sidewalk and dirt in front of their house, and this week we saw a lady out in front of her house with a pan of water, and she was splashing it onto the dirt in random places. It was absolutely hilarious! Well this week was probably my favorite week of the mission so far. We had our baptism with Elizabeth!!!! It was such an awesome experience to see someone that you have worked with make changes for the better in their life. She wanted both Elder Salmon and I to be in white for the pictures. Elder Salmon baptized her and I confirmed her a member on Sunday. She is such an example to me and has such a strong testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel. I feel so honored to have been apart of her conversion process and see her grow. There is no doubt in my mind about this gospel and the message that we share. Well I hope that everyone has a great week! I love and miss you all!

With love,

Elder Jayson Welker

Remember who you are and the family name you bear
Return with Honor
Remember who you are and who you represent




No comments:

Post a Comment