Tuesday, March 19, 2013

March 18, 2013


Hola Everyone

This week with Elder Salmon has been a pretty good one. We had a baptism on Saturday and I had the opportunity to baptize the young man. His name is Jimmy and he is 15. He is very timid but has a desire to live the gospel. I didn't teach him but I can tell he is trying to do what he thinks is right. We have also been teaching a woman that E' Salmon and his last comp found a few days before transfers. She is the most prepared person that I have seen yet in the mission. She actually told her friend to yell at E' Salmon and his comp to come over when she saw them in the street. She wants to be baptized and knows that the gospel is true but has a fear that she won't be able to continue after baptism. She is a really awesome lady. We met her husband yesterday and he doesn't have a firm religion, but he told us that after his wife was baptized, who knew if he would be baptized a few weeks or months later. And he also told us that if we didn't have lunch with someone, we were to come eat at their house with them. We had only met this guy 20 minutes earlier and he was already inviting us to eat with them. The people here are awesome. Oh, on a side note, Elder David Archuleta is in my zone. He is very quiet and kind of timid. Everyone says that he is one of the most humble people you will ever meet. I really want to get to know him. So hopefully I will have a picture with him next week. I hope all is well and that you all have a great week. I love you all and I continue to pray for you. I know that this Church is true with all of my heart. I know that if we strive to follow the example of our Redeemer Jesus Christ, we can return to live with our Father in Heaven once again. Que estén bien. Les amo muchisímo!

With love,

Elder Jayson Welker

Remember who you are and the family name you bear
Return with Honor
Remember who you are and who you represent

No comments:

Post a Comment