Monday, November 3, 2014

November 3, 2014

Hola Everyone

This week was pretty interesting to say the least. The weather, Halloween, and Stake Conference made this week just all sorts of crazy. The weather was acting all sorts of crazy. It was really hot and then all of a sudden the wind started to blow like crazy and it got really cold. It happened 2 days in a row. We had a ward Halloween activity that turned out pretty good. It was absolutely nothing like a ward party in the states but it was still good. We also had stake conference this weekend and I really enjoyed it despite the fact that I had a 24 virus that was brutal to deal with. Elder Norambuena (Chile; Area Seventy) presided and I really enjoyed his comments. He really stressed the importance of member-missionary unity. He invited all of the members to commit to be better disciples of Christ. He also focused a lot on really studying the scriptures and not just reading them. I honestly think that is one of the hardest things for me because I just love to read. But I have already made the commitment to be better. Seeing as how I am in Curicó again, I was able to see a lot of members from my other 2 sectors here. I was so happy to see all of them and it seemed that they were pretty happy to see me as well; or maybe they were happy that I'm leaving soon. I'm hoping that it was the first reason haha. But the most special moment for me was being able to see Yilda again. Almost a year later, she is still strong in the church and is absolutely loving life right now. She is a primary teacher and the branch Family History advisor/consultant. She looked so happy but she started to cry when we had to say goodbye. It will be the last time that I see her unless I come back to Chile. But seeing her happy, made me realize that every single second of my mission has been worth it. It was worth helping her accept the gospel of Jesus Christ and become a better person. Getting back to my sector that I'm in now...Bernardita accepted to be baptized on the 23rd of this month, but she is really struggling with some doubts. She doesn't want to make the wrong choice but she is scared of receiving an answer. All we could do was testify and promise her that she can't be misguided when she follows the Spirit and its promptings. Hopefully she will be able to overcome her doubts and be able to make the decision to take that leap of faith. Well that is about it for this week! My PDay next week will be on Tuesday so don't freak out when my email gets to you a day later. I love and miss you all so much! Have an awesome week!

With love,

Elder Jayson Welker

Remember who you are and the family name you bear
Return with Honor
Remember who you are and who you represent



No comments:

Post a Comment