Monday, November 17, 2014

November 17, 2014

Hola Everyone

This week went by pretty quick. We taught a lot of lessons! I think that we taught more lessons than I have taught in any of my other sectors during a week. The odd thing though is that it felt like we were out in the street most of the day contacting people. I have been here for 2 years and I still don't understand why we focus so much on contacting, but whatever. Preach My Gospel teaches us that we have to adapt ourselves to our circumstances so I guess that is probably why. I would have liked to have been able to help more people understand their role in the Work of Salvation. But we would get in trouble if we weren't teaching more lessons, so I have been in a rough situation. We found quite a few more people this week. We started teaching a lady named Leticia and her boyfriend Juan José. He is from Venezuela and has some different ideas about God. They are both really smart though; they understood the Plan of Salvation pretty well. They couldn't come to church yesterday because they had other commitments with family, but they promised to come this next week. We tried to get with Cristian and Paulina but their landlord is really rude and won't let us on to his property. So we're trying to find some members to help us out with their house so we can teach them. Time is just flying by! Next week will be my last letter so I'll be sure to share my testimony and everything that I have learned next week. I love and miss you all so much! Have an awesome week! Try not to freeze to death!

With love,

Elder Jayson Welker

Remember who you are and the family name you bear
Return with Honor
Remember who you are and who you represent

No comments:

Post a Comment