Monday, October 6, 2014

October 6, 2014

Hola Everyone

This was one of the fastest weeks of my mission so far. Everything just flew by! I'm not sure if it was because I was so focused on General Conference and helping others go or we were just working extra hard. We had 2 investigators that went to General Conference. One, Bernardita, went to 2 sessions! She didn't really want to go but her sister and brother-in-law (members) convinced her to go. The first time she just went in street clothes but the 2nd session she went in a dress. She said that she felt like she needed to go in a dress, not because anyone forced her. The other investigator, Constanza, also went to 2 sessions but only went because her mom went. We didn't get a chance to really talk to her about it though, so hopefully we can find out what she thought about it. I really enjoyed General Conference. I'm only going to share my thoughts about a few talks that I really enjoyed. Elder Ballard: 1) Stay in the boat because the Lord will guide us right. 2) Always wear a life jacket; study the words of the apostles and prophets. 3) Hold on with both hands; avoid the distractions that surround us that tell us to "leave the boat". Elder Scott: 4 tools to help us stay active and live the gospel. 1) Prayer 2) Daily scripture study and studying the words of the modern prophets 3) Weekly family home evening 4) Regular trips to the temple. I feel like Elder Scott's talk was specifically directed at me seeing as how I will be finishing my mission soon and will be a "normal" person again. And of course, Elder Bednar's talk. I have always enjoyed his talks and this one was especially good. I'm only going to touch on one specific detail. He said that there are a lot of people who think that absolute truths don't exist. They DO exist! And we can know them through prayer and the Holy Ghost. And for those that say absolute truths don't exist obviously haven't read the Bible. It says that "every knee shall bow...and every...should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord" (Philippians 2:10-11). There are many other absolute truths and I know of a few of them. I know that this is the same church that Christ established during his mortal ministry. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that is was translated by Joseph Smith through the power of God. I know these things for myself because God told me so through the Holy Ghost.   That's all I have to say about this week. I love and miss you all! Have a great week!

With love,

Elder Jayson Welker

Remember who you are and the family name you bear
Return with Honor
Remember who you are and who you represent



No comments:

Post a Comment