Tuesday, March 4, 2014

March 3, 2014

Hola Everyone

Well this week was average time wise. But it was pretty slow for working. We really, really struggled finding people. It was the last week of "vacation" for most everyone so people were just out of town all week. It has really kind of baffeled me how things are down here compared to back home. I'm afraid that it will take me a long time to adjust back to things in the states. Well like I said this week was pretty slow. We were out in the street with the scorching sun burning us about 85% of the time we have to proselyte. It wasn't fun, but we did teach some lessons here and there. Our family has kinda stopped progressing and we haven't been able to meet with any of our other investigators in almost 2 weeks. The mom from the family, lost her bookmark for that we put in the Book of Mormon for her to read; so she just started reading from the very, very beginning. She has enjoyed it so far. She's in the first few chapters of Nephi. So for right now she is my little ray of hope. Oh yesterday 2 inactives came to church which made me pretty happy. I've been visiting them for 3 changes and they finally came back to church. They seemed to really enjoy it so hopefully they can keep coming. We also started teaching English and we had a really good turnout. There were like 10 people that came which is double of what I've had in my other sectors combined. Hopefully that will start to help us find more people to teach. Well that is about it for this week. Love and miss you all. Have an awesome week!

With love,

Elder Jayson Welker

Remember who you are and the family name you bear
Return with Honor
Remember who you are and who you represent


No comments:

Post a Comment