Tuesday, February 25, 2014

February 24, 2014

Hola Everyone

This week went by a little bit faster. We didn't have very much success as far as lessons and numbers and such. We had to "kill" Elsa because she is going to live with her mom for a couple of months, until May at least. So that was kind of a bummer for us. We really struggled finding new people to teach. So we were basically in the street all day long. On Tuesday we literally went to 30-40 houses and not a single one opened their door to talk to us. I can't lie it sucked pretty bad. And our family that we are teaching didn't go to church either. But we were able to talk to a few members who want to help us with them so hopefully that works this next week. I know that all the adversity that we are having is for our benefit because yesterday made all the struggles worth it. We found 2 teenagers who are really receptive and want to do whatever it takes to know if our message is true. I know that the Lord wants to bless us but sometimes He wants us to learn something or to show him our diligence and obedience before he blesses us. I can't say that I do everything right all the time but I try to do the best that I can and be the best missionary that I can be. I know that this church is the only true church upon the face of the earth. I know for some of you that may seem egoistic but I only say what I know to be true. And I say it because God answered my prayer. And he answered my prayer because I put in the effort to read the Book of Mormon. "[I] invite [all of you who are reading this email] to read the Book of Mormon, to ponder in [your] hearts the message it contains, and then to ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ if the book is true. Those who pursue this course and ask in faith will gain a testimony of its truth and divinity by the power of the Holy Ghost". I promise you as a servant of Jesus Christ, that if you will do it, with real intent, you can come to know as well as I know that this is the true church of Jesus Christ. I love and miss you all. Have an awesome week! 

With love,

Elder Jayson Welker

Remember who you are and the family name you bear
Return with Honor
Remember who you are and who you represent

No comments:

Post a Comment