Monday, September 23, 2013

September 23, 2013


Hola Everyone

First off, thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes! It was definitely different having a birthday here. I'm only 21 but my body makes me feel really old. I have lots of aches and pains. It seems that catching for 12 years is finally starting to get to me. Well everyone that was wondering what the Chileans do for their independence day here it is: NOTHING! Everyone painted such an awesome picture of the 18th, and it was a big let down haha. Everyone who isn't LDS just drank and slept all week. So it was hard to find and teach people because we have to avoid places where people are consuming alcohol, which means every house pretty much. It was a rough week with a lot of walking. Elder Flores and I tried to make the best of it and enjoy it though. I can't believe that 4 weeks has already gone by in this change! We had Stake Conference this week and President Warne and his wife were there and shared a few of their thoughts. Everyone pretty much talked about how we need to unite and do the Lord's work together. Hopefully we can start to get some more support soon. Well that's about all for this week. I love and miss you all! Have a great week!

With love,

Elder Jayson Welker

Remember who you are and the family name you bear
Return with Honor
Remember who you are and who you represent




No comments:

Post a Comment