Wednesday, December 19, 2012

December 19, 2012


Hola Everyone!

Well it has officially been 2 weeks in the MTC and I'm loving it so far. The language is coming along slowly but surely and I'm going to keep working hard at it. It has snowed here the last 3 or 4 days, not much but enough to make me love it. We get a bunch of new Elders today because the oldest district left this week. Our zone leaders were awesome and I'm going to miss them a ton because they were super helpful. So we have gym for an hour everyday and my companion and I just play basketball all the time. We play with a kid that is super legit. He was a high jumper at BYU before he came out here. Apparently his PR was like 7'1". Super crazy. But he isn't even the best bball player here. A kid named Steelman White was here like a few weeks ago and left either this week or last. I never saw him but he was the starting PG at North Carolina last year! I wish I could have seen him play. I've learned so much about the gospel in the 2 weeks that I've been here. I'm so thankful for all that it has done in my life and for the opportunity and decision I made to serve a mission for the Lord. All of the people who come in and talk to us always talk about missionary work. But they all say something that others haven't said. Yesterday we had Elder C. Scott Grow of the seventy speak to us and it was awesome! The thing that stuck out to me was sacrifice. Because all of us out here are sacrificing 2 years of our lives to be here. But in the grand scheme of things it isn't much of a sacrifice. The Savior died for all us and there is no way we will ever be able to repay him but serving a mission is a small step in doing so. I know that this is the work of God. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church on the earth. And that it is led by a prophet of God, Thomas S. Monson. I won't be able to wish you all a Merry Christmas before Tuesday so I'll do it now. I hope that all of you who are reading this have a wonderful Christmas holiday and that you remember the reason for our celebration. Please keep Christ at the center of your celebration. I love and miss you all. I hope you all have a fantastic week.

With love,

Elder Jayson Welker

Remember who you are and the family name you bear
Return with Honor
Remember who you are and who you represent

No comments:

Post a Comment