Wednesday, December 12, 2012

December 12, 2012

Hola everyone!

This past week has been super crazy! We immediately jumped in to Spanish. For the first 3 days our teacher only spoke Spanish to us which was frustrating but also very helpful because it forces you to learn quickly. The language barrier is still very apparent but I'll just working hard at it. The first 4 or 5 days drag on for a very long time. They say that if you make it past Sunday you will be fine, which I did! So here's to hoping! haha. I have learned so much here in the short amount of time that I have been here. My companions are great! All of us in our room are going to Rancagua Chile which is pretty cool and exciting! It's super weird for me because I'm older than most Elders in our zone but I'm constantly asking for their help and guidance. Last night we had a devotional from Elder Hollstrom from the Presidency of the 1st quorum of the 70. It was super good! He talked a lot about missionary work and the thing that stuck out to the most to me was when he said "That if you don't feel secure or confident yourself, become so! It is up to you to make the change and turn to the Lord." It really hit home to me because I've been really frustrated with the language and it taught me that I need to humble myself and turn to the Lord for help. Because with the Lord we can do all things if we have faith in him. Well that is all the time I have for this week. P-Days aren't so full of free time like I thought. I hope everyone has a good week and remember to trust in the Lord.

With love,

Elder Jayson Welker

Remember who you are and the family name you bear.
Return with Honor
Remember who you are and who you represent

p.s. for anyone who wants to write "www.dearelder.com" is a great way to get in touch with me. I receive a copy of what you write the day after but I don't get to write back until Wednesdays. Hope to hear from all of you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment