Wednesday, December 26, 2012

December 26, 2012


Hola Everyone,

This week has meant the completion of my third week here in the MTC. I am learning to love it more and more everyday. Let's see, what can I tell you?...On Christmas Eve we got to watch "A Christmas Carol" which was kinda cool I guess. And on Christmas morning we got to listen to Elder Russell M. Nelson and his wife speak to us. It was awesome! He talked a lot about missionary work and Christ. He told us that we are the link to eternal life for those we teach. I had never thought about it like that but it is so true! He also said some other interesting stuff. I'll just put them in quotes since I don't have much time to explain them. "As imperfect as we are, God's Plan/Work is perfect so don't stress about it", "Be bold and declare the Word of God", and my personal favorite thing he said during his talk was this. "His victory over death, is THE GREATEST gift we can ever receive at Christmas time" I know this to be very true. All the gifts and gadgets that we receive on Christmas are nice, but we should never forget the true meaning of Christmas, which is our Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ. And we should never forget his eternal, atoning sacrifice for each and every one of us. And last night we got to watch "It's a Wonderful Life". Earlier this week I had the opportunity to finish reading the Book of Mormon for the first time since being here in the MTC. After I finished reading it, I knelt down to pray for a confirmation of it's truthfulness and before I had even finished asking the specific question, an overwhelming feeling of love and peace came over me to reassure me that it is true. For those of you who are reading this don't know the feeling that I am talking about I would ask you to read from the BOM and follow the word's of Moroni (Moroni 10:3-5 in the BOM) and pray to know if the Book of Mormon is true. I promise that you will receive an answer to your prayers. Another little side note, for those who would like to write me, my address is on my FB being run by my brother. Or you can write me on DearElder.com. I would love to hear from all of you. It feels good to receive mail from those who love you. I love all of you and wish you the best during this, the greatest of holiday seasons and wish you a Happy New Year.
With love,

Elder Jayson Welker

Remember who you are and the family name you bear
Return with Honor
Remember who you are and who you represent

No comments:

Post a Comment