Thursday, December 5, 2013

December 2, 2013

Hola Everyone Well this week absolutely flew by! I honestly am trying to comprehend where it went. We were able to have a few lessons with Carolina and her daughter Francisca this week. Her daughter understands really well but they both are pretty much just looking for friends. We're going to pass by again this week and make sure and make a decision from there. We don't really have anyone else that we are constantly teaching so we are constantly looking for more people to teach. We have tried asking some member families to fast and pray to know of someone who is ready to hear the gospel but they haven't done it yet. They "forgot". It's super frustrating at times having very little interest from members of the church. But we have to keep pushing forward and try to help them understand. Elder Gillins and his companion Elder Lopez had to go to Santiago to take out their carnet (visa) and they bought a 40kg (about 90lbs) package of ties! There were at least 6000 ties in there. We all took out about 40 or so really nice ones. So my tie collection has improved. Well just so that all of you know, I completely forgot that Thursday was Thanksgiving. I didn't realize it until about 11:00 pm that night. But I just want every single one of you to know how grateful I am for you. For your love, prayers and support. I'm so thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life and for the opportunity I have to be a representative of Him here in Chile. I know that this church is true and that what we are doing as missionaries is His work. I love and miss you all. Have a great week! With love, Elder Jayson Welker Remember who you are and the family name you bear Return with Honor Remember who you are and who you represent

No comments:

Post a Comment