Wednesday, May 8, 2013

May 6, 2013


Hola Everyone

Well this week went by pretty slow for me. The language is still a struggle and to add on top of it we didn't find or teach very many people. We did teach Elizabeth's son Felipe. He has come to church twice now on his own and is thinking about baptism. So that is pretty much the only success we had this week. So to cheer ourselves up we made doughnuts again. And they were way better this time. We had another small earthquake on Tuesday at 6:58 am (it woke me up and shorted me 2 mintues of sleep). It rained on Thursday and continued through the night until Friday morning and then stopped. And since then it has been pretty warm. Sounds like Idaho weather. It gets pretty cold at nights and all we have is a little tiny heater that we can have on until we go to bed. So it's cold in the mornings to say the least. And on Friday we were walking back to our house to change to play soccer, and a drunk guy stopped us and was talking to us. He started telling us a story and pulled out a decently sized knife and lunged forward towards me. I stepped back pretty quick and raised my fists ready to fight if I had to and he apologized and told us that he is a christian and would never do that. So that was kinda scary I guess. And then the next night, Saturday, we were walking home after a Noche de Hogar with some members and Elizabeth, and we saw a guy standing in the shadows on the sidewalk. As we got closer, we could see that he had a net, kinda like a piece of mesh, over his head. I said "Hola" and "Buenas noches" as we walked by and he just kinda watched us walk by without saying anything. But I saw his eyes very clearly, they were light blue with a glazed-over look. He wasn't drunk, but when we turned around about 5 seconds later, he was gone, he just disappeared. That was pretty spooky, I'll be honest. Oh, Elizabeth's friend Yenisse told me that she kinda knew Alex! He was never in her ward or anything but he was on divisions one day and they ate lunch there. So I thought that was pretty cool. We are trying to work hard and keep doing the things we should so hopefully we continue to receive small tender mercies. That's about it for this week. I love and miss you all and continue to keep you in my prayers. Have a great week!

With love,

Elder Jayson Welker

Remember who you are and the family name you bear
Return with Honor
Remember who you are and who you represent

p.s. the bus is an actual dentist office where people get their teeth taken care of. And we have to walk across this bridge 3 or 4 times a week, it's pretty sketchy




No comments:

Post a Comment