Sunday, May 11, 2014

April 7, 2014

Hola Everyone

Well this weekend was unbelievable!! I absolutely loved General Conference! There were so many good talks and I felt like a lot of them were directed to me. I really enjoyed Pres. Eyring's talk on Saturday morning. I thought that it was interesting when he said that our eternal happiness depends on our future posterity and that we have to leave a good legacy for them so they can continue firm in the gospel. Another that I really enjoyed was by Elder Hales, Obedience. We have to be careful who we follow. Sometimes the decision isn't so black and white and we need to take the necessary steps to be able to make a correct decision. We need to always think of what the Lord wants us to do, and if we are obedient we will receive blessings (D&C 130:20-21). And finally, Elder Bednar's talk. Wow. I thought it was superb. I thought his analogy of "yoking ourselves to Christ" through sacred covenants, that are essential to receiving ALL the blessings of the Atonement, was very good. He used a lot of stuff from a BYU talk that he gave back in 2001 called "In the Strength of the Lord" (I'm going to attach it). Our investigator Mario came to Priesthood Session which really surprised me because it almost seemed like he had lost interest. He said he enjoyed it though so we'll "follow-up" on that this week. We put a baptismal date with Roberto and Francisco (husband and son of a less-active that we're teaching) for the 10th of May. They didn't come to Conference which worried me because they promised they were going to go. But we will also follow up on that. I know that this IS the Church of Jesus Christ. No doubt in my mind. I love and miss you all! Have an awesome week!

With love,

Elder Jayson Welker

Remember who you are and the family name you bear
Return with Honor
Remember who you are and who you represent

No comments:

Post a Comment